Saturday, May 21, 2011

Part 2

"It will need a new bumper because the previous owner caught it on something and snapped it off"






Also it needs new front wings (I have already spoken to Lada parts about these and some other parts)
www.lada.co.uk
"Some of the dials don't work" I was told so obviously the dash had to come out.




Now most of this was down to bulbs in the dash, ie the dials worked but the dash lights didn't
The exception was the sidelights on bulb.

Not sure if this one comes out, you should be seing the sidelight and indicator repeater light illuminated from the sunlight.

When I took the sidelight repeater apart, I found this.



Ooops
Easily fixed by dismantaling an ordinary ballpoint pen and nicking the spring.
On replacing the dash I decided to investigate the amount of up and down movement and found that the bracket that holds the steering column to the dashboard is cracked.

The old broken radio antenna has been removed

Also time for a simple job of changing a couple of bulbs led to the discovery of a very dodgy bulb holder (read FUBAR'd)
The reverse lights also don't work. Bulbs are fine, Fuses are fine so the next job is to get underneath and check the reverse light switch.

I now have borrowed a welder from a neighbour who is going to teach me to weld. I will now be practising in the back garden on some scrap metal until I feel confident on tackling the car.

Inner wing


Underneath the car, Copyright Adam G.

That is about the state of play at the moment.  I am waiting for some funds coming in to order some parts from www.lada.co.uk and then crack on and get the job finished

No comments:

Post a Comment