Tuesday, May 31, 2011

You should have seen the one that got away

For a minute there I almost thought I was going to have to swallow my words.  In my last post I said that this was the wrong time of the year to be looking for cheap caravans, then this came up on ebay with a starting price of 99p and stayed there for a few days.

Colour scheme might not be to everybody's taste, and there are a few issues with it but if I got it cheap enough (Ideally looking for between free and £50) It looked like a good un, and it was reasonably close to me. (I should still have access to the old globetrotter, but it is to far gone to restore know, but could be a doner for parts)

Firstly all of my towing options went out the window
plan A was rejected.......I was being a bit cheeky and asking if the "seller" could deliver.
plan B would have been prohibitly expensive (£1.25 a mile)
Plan C has given up towing and got rid of his van.

By which time I had been out bid at my maximum I allowed for this van.

Fortunatly, it worked out fine because when the weights came through......the gross weight would have put me nearly 100% tow car/caravan which for those of you in the know will understand that that is a no no.  It also ended up going for £130

Besides which, my tow car still has a lot of work to do on it........
http://kernowlada.blogspot.com/

There is still a "possibility" in the air at the moment, other wise I'll have to wait till I get some money in..........we are due a load shortly but just how long.......Who knows??????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment