Monday, May 23, 2011

Part 3 (No pics)

I've had my first proper look underneath the car today and yes, I concur with a suggestion from one of the other forum members. The front outriggers want replacing. (will be easier than trying to fabricate something)

I have had a feel through the holes (ooo errr missus) and it seems like the inner wings at that end of the car are still solid (there!! Laughing)

will have to see when I set too removing the wings


Been doing a couple of other odd jobs as well (after slapping some filler on the mundano's wheelarches)

All 4 doors now open and close with ease. The 2 on the passenger side require some panel beating where they have come out at the bottom. Sat in the seat with the door closed, you can see quite a bit of daylight.

Next, time to investigate why the rear wiper is not working. Finally came to the conclusion that it is gone duff. before anyone asks, I did check the switch by replacing it with a known working switch. I have also checked the rear wiper switch on the lights circuit, so that is not the problem.

So it looks like another item to add to my list of parts. (Looks like a large order for parts going into www.lada.co.uk

Just waiting for some spare cash at the minute!!!

I've also identified a small petrol leak under the bonnet. Just a small braided fuel pipe to replace.
That explains the strong petrol smell from the car then.....might not be running rich than Cool
_________________

No comments:

Post a Comment